Last updated: October 01, 2021
What Information Do We Collect?
Hoodler (“Hoodler”, “we” or “us”) collects (a) the e-mail addresses of those who communicate with us via e-mail; (b) aggregate information concerning what pages users access or visit; (c) information volunteered by the user (such as survey information and/or site registrations); (d) financial information provided by the user for user syncing and information purposes only; and (e) information related to your use of the Website and/or the mobile application, including IP address, geographic location, and date and time of your request.
To create an account you need to provide data including your name, email address and/or mobile number, and a password. If you register for a premium Service, you will need to provide payment (e.g., credit card) and billing information.
You have choices about the information on your profile, such as your education, work experience, skills, photo, city or area and endorsements. Some Members may choose to complete a separate ProFinder profile. You don’t have to provide additional information on your profile; however, profile information helps you to get more from our Services, including helping recruiters and business opportunities find you. It’s your choice whether to include sensitive information on your profile and to make that sensitive information public. Please do not post or add personal data to your profile that you would not want to be publicly available.
We collect personal data from you when you provide, post or upload it to our Services, such as when you fill out a form, (e.g., with demographic data or salary), respond to a survey, or submit a resume or fill out a job application on our Services. If you opt to import your address book, we receive your contacts (including contact information your service provider(s) or app automatically added to your address book when you communicated with addresses or numbers not already in your list).
If you sync your contacts or calendars with our Services, we will collect your address book and calendar meeting information to keep growing your network by suggesting connections for you and others, and by providing information about events, e.g. times, places, attendees and contacts.
You don’t have to post or upload personal data; though if you don’t, it may limit your ability to grow and engage with your network over our Services.
We collect information about you when you send, receive, or engage with messages in connection with our Services. For example, if you get a Hoodler connection request, we track whether you have acted on it and will send you reminders. We also use automatic scanning technology on messages to support and protect our site. For example, we use this technology to suggest possible responses to messages and to manage or block content that violates our User Agreement or Professional Community Policies from our Services.
How Do We Use the Information?
Hoodler uses collected information for the following purposes:
- To fulfill a contract or take steps linked to a contract such as processing your registration on our Website or sending you information about changes to our terms or policies;
If you do not wish to receive marketing information about our programs, products, features or services, you may send an email to us at [email protected]
- Where you give us consent, such as (a) where you ask us to send marketing information to you via a medium where we need your consent, including alerts via mobile push notifications; (b) where you give us consent to place cookies and to use similar technologies; and (c) on other occasions where we ask you for consent, for a purpose which we explain at that time.
- Where we are legally required to do so. We may also provide access to your personally identifiable information when legally required to do so, to cooperate with police investigations or other legal proceedings, to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of our Website, to limit our legal liability and protect our rights, or to protect the rights, property or safety of visitors of the Website or the public. In those instances, the information is provided only for that purpose.
How we use your personal data will depend on which Services you use, how you use those Services and the choices you make in your settings. We use the data that we have about you to provide and personalize our Services, including with the help of automated systems and inferences we make, so that our Services (including ads) can be more relevant and useful to you and others.
We use your data to authorize access to our Services and honor your settings.
Our Services allow you to stay in touch and up to date with colleagues, partners, clients, and other professional contacts. To do so, you can “connect” with the professionals who you choose, and who also wish to “connect” with you. Subject to your and their settings, when you connect with other Members, you will be able to search each others’ connections in order to exchange professional opportunities.
We use data about you (such as your profile, profiles you have viewed or data provided through address book uploads or partner integrations) to help others find your profile, suggest connections for you and others (e.g. Members who share your contacts or job experiences) and enable you to invite others to become a Member and connect with you. You can also opt-in to allow us to use your precise location or proximity to others for certain tasks (e.g. to suggest other nearby Members for you to connect with, calculate the commute to a new job, or notify your connections that you are at a professional event).
It is your choice whether to invite someone to our Services, send a connection request, or allow another Member to become your connection. When you invite someone to connect with you, your invitation will include your network and basic profile information (e.g., name, profile photo, job title, region). We will send invitation reminders to the person you invited. You can choose whether or not to share your own list of connections with your connections.
Visitors have choices about how we use their data.
Our Services allow you to stay informed about news, events and ideas regarding professional topics you care about, and from professionals you respect. Our Services also allow you to improve your professional skills, or learn new ones. We use the data we have about you (e.g., data you provide, data we collect from your engagement with our Services and inferences we make from the data we have about you), to personalize our Services for you, such as by recommending or ranking relevant content and conversations on our Services. We also use the data we have about you to suggest skills you could add to your profile and skills that you might need to pursue your next opportunity. So, if you let us know that you are interested in a new skill (e.g., by watching a learning video), we will use this information to personalize content in your feed, suggest that you follow certain members on our site, or suggest related learning content to help you towards that new skill. We use your content, activity and other data, including your name and photo, to provide notices to your network and others. For example, subject to your settings, we may notify others that you have updated your profile, posted content, took a social action, used a feature, made new connections or were mentioned in the news.
Our Services allow you to collaborate with colleagues, search for potential clients, customers, partners and others to do business with. Our Services allow you to communicate with other Members and schedule and prepare meetings with them. If your settings allow, we scan messages to provide “bots” or similar tools that facilitate tasks such as scheduling meetings, drafting responses, summarizing messages or recommending next steps. Learn more.
We will contact you through email, mobile phone, notices posted on our websites or apps, messages to your Hoodler inbox, and other ways through our Services, including text messages and push notifications. We will send you messages about the availability of our Services, security, or other service-related issues. We also send messages about how to use our Services, network updates, reminders, job suggestions and promotional messages from us and our partners. You may change your communication preferences at any time. Please be aware that you cannot opt out of receiving service messages from us, including security and legal notices.
We also enable communications between you and others through our Services, including for example invitations, HoodMail, groups and messages between connections.
We target (and measure the performance of) ads to Members, Visitors and others both on and off our Services directly or through a variety of partners, using the following data, whether separately or combined:
- Data from advertising technologies on and off our Services, pixels, ad tags, cookies, and device identifiers;
- Member-provided information (e.g., profile, contact information, title and industry);
- Data from your use of our Services (e.g., search history, feed, content you read, who you follow or is following you, connections, groups participation, page visits, videos you watch, clicking on an ad, etc.), including as described in Section 1.3;
- Information from advertising partners, vendors and publishers; and
- Information inferred from data described above (e.g., using job titles from a profile to infer industry, seniority, and compensation bracket; using graduation dates to infer age or using first names or pronoun usage to infer gender; using your feed activity to infer your interests; or using device data to recognize you as a Member).
We will show you ads called sponsored content which look similar to non-sponsored content, except that they are labeled as advertising (e.g., as “ad” or “sponsored”). If you take a social action (such as like, comment or share) on these ads, your action is associated with your name and viewable by others, including the advertiser. Subject to your settings, if you take a social action on the Hoodler Services, that action may be mentioned with related ads. For example, when you like a company we may include your name and photo when their sponsored content is shown.
We do not share your personal data with any third-party advertisers or ad networks except for: (i) hashed IDs or device identifiers (to the extent they are personal data in some countries); (ii) with your separate permission (e.g., in a lead generation form) or (iii) data already visible to any users of the Services (e.g., profile). However, if you view or click on an ad on or off our Services, the ad provider will get a signal that someone visited the page that displayed the ad, and they may, through the use of mechanisms such as cookies, determine it is you. Advertising partners can associate personal data collected by the advertiser directly from you with hashed IDs or device identifiers received from us. In such instances, we seek to contractually require such advertising partners to obtain your explicit, opt-in consent before doing so.
How We Share Information
We do not share or sell your personal data to other organizations for commercial purposes, except to provide products or services you’ve requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- It is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law.
- We provide such information to third parties who have entered into non-disclosure agreements with us.
- We may aggregate, anonymize, and publish data for statistical and research purposes only. For example, we may compile and share information related to the popularity of certain products tracked by users. In any such instance, the information will not be able to be traced back to any individual.
Your profile is fully visible to all Members and customers of our Services. Subject to your settings, it can also be visible to others on or off of our Services (e.g., Visitors to our Services or users of third- party search engines). As detailed in our Help Center, your settings, degree of connection with the viewing Member, the subscriptions they may have, their usage of our Services, access channels and search types (e.g., by name or by keyword) impact the availability of your profile and whether they can view certain fields in your profile.
Our Services allow viewing and sharing information including through posts, likes, follows and comments.
- When you share an article or a post (e.g., an update, image, video or article) publicly it can be viewed by everyone and re-shared anywhere (subject to your settings). Members, Visitors and others will be able to find and see your publicly-shared content, including your name (and photo if you have provided one).
- In a group or project group, posts are visible to others in the group. Your membership in groups is public and part of your profile, but you can change visibility in your settings.
- Any information you share through companies’ or other organizations’ pages on our Services will be viewable by it and others who visit those pages.
- When you follow a person or organization, you are visible to others and that “page owner” as a follower.
- We let senders know when you act on their message, subject to your settings where applicable.
- Subject to your settings, we let a Member know when you view their profile.
- When you like or re-share or comment on another’s content (including ads), others will be able to view these “social actions” and associate it with you (e.g., your name, profile and photo if you provided it).
Cookies and Web Beacons
Hoodler uses third-party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run Hoodler and the related Website and mobile application. Hoodler owns the code, databases, and all rights to the Hoodler Website and mobile application and Services.
Retention of Your Personal Information
Your Choices & Obligations - Consent to Worldwide Transfer and Processing of Personal Information
We generally retain your personal data as long as you keep your account open or as needed to provide you Services. This includes data you or others provided to us and data generated or inferred from your use of our Services. Even if you only use our Services when looking for a new job every few years, we will retain your information and keep your profile open, unless you close your account. In some cases we choose to retain certain information (e.g., insights about Services use) in a depersonalized or aggregated form.
We provide many choices about the collection, use and sharing of your data, from deleting or correcting data you include in your profile and controlling the visibility of your posts to advertising opt-outs and communication controls. We offer you settings to control and manage the personal data we have about you.
For personal data that we have about you, you can:
- Delete Data: You can ask us to erase or delete all or some of your personal data (e.g., if it is no longer necessary to provide Services to you).
- Change or Correct Data: You can edit some of your personal data through your account. You can also ask us to change, update or fix your data in certain cases, particularly if it’s inaccurate.
- Object to, or Limit or Restrict, Use of Data: You can ask us to stop using all or some of your personal data (e.g., if we have no legal right to keep using it) or to limit our use of it (e.g., if your personal data is inaccurate or unlawfully held).
- Right to Access and/or Take Your Data: You can ask us for a copy of your personal data and can ask for a copy of personal data you provided in machine readable form.
Visitors can learn more about how to make these requests here. You may also contact us using the contact information below, and we will consider your request in accordance with applicable laws.
Residents in the Designated Countries and other regions may have additional rights under their laws.
EU and EEA Users’ Rights
If you are habitually located in the European Union or European Economic Area, you generally have the right to access, rectify, download or erase your information, as well as the right to restrict and object to certain processing of your information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited circumstances. We briefly describe these rights below: You have the right to access your personal data and, if necessary, have it amended, deleted or restricted. In certain instances, you may have the right to the portability of your data. You can also ask us to not send marketing communications and not to use your personal data when we carry out profiling for direct marketing purposes. You can opt out of receiving e-mail newsletters and other marketing communications by following the opt-out instructions provided to you in those e-mails. Transactional account messages will be unaffected even if you opt out from marketing communications.
Should you wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local supervisory authority, although we hope that we can assist with any queries or concerns you may have about our use of your personal data.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
Deny access to our Services;
Charge a different rate for the use of our Services; or
Provide a different quality of service.
Hoodler may periodically update this policy. We may notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by placing a prominent notice on our Website so please check back occasionally to ensure that you agree with the changes. If you do not, do not use the Website, the application or our Services.
Effective Date: October 1st, 2021.Hoodler,